London to Amsterdam Bike Ride13 September 2013
13th –16th September, 2013
4 countries, 3 days, 2 wheels, 1 cause …
Breaking the cycle of homelessness with Cardboard Citizens
“One of the most physically challenging and rewarding things I have ever done.”
Cyclist, London to Amsterdam 2011
Are you up for an exhilarating challenge in support of a great cause this autumn? Join us for an epic 280 mile cycling adventure taking in four countries on your way; England, France, Belgium & the Netherlands.
From the rolling hills of England to the North Sea coastal route, we will be cycling through medieval towns in Belgium and across the vast waterways of the Dutch lowlands, before finishing in Amsterdam, the cycling capital of the world!
We depart bright and early on Friday 13th of September from Blackheath, Southeast London and arrive in Amsterdam on Sunday 15th of September. Monday 16th will allow you most of the day in Amsterdam for relaxing, sight-seeing or free time of your choice before the group departs for London in the late afternoon.
Raise money for Cardboard Citizens, an award-winning charity that helps homeless and at-risk people change their lives through theatre and the performing arts.
The Fine Print:
How many miles are we cycling?
- The ride is 280 miles and Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be cycling days. Monday is a free day in Amsterdam.
How much do I have to raise?
- The minimum sponsorship target for the event is £1,500 and your £100 deposit counts towards this (you can add it as ‘offline income’ on your online fundraising sponsorship page).
- All en-suite accommodation for the trip (one night in Dunkirk, one night in Renesse and one night in Amsterdam. Rooms are shared, if you know someone on the trip you will be able to specify sharing with them).
- All of your food and non-alcoholic beverages with the exception of the evening meal on the ferry on Day One, and lunch and dinner on Day Four (your free day).
- Apart from this all breakfasts, snacks, lunches and evening meals (including celebratory drink at the finish line and meal on Day Three) are included. There will be plenty of food available at all mealtimes!
- As well as a lunch break there will be two snack stops per day on cycle days.
- All transfers – ferries, coaches and Eurostar
- Dedicated fundraising support from a member of the Cardboard Citizens’ fundraising team and regular support communication
- A charity representative on the event as your point of contact
- A fully guided ride supported by Passion in Events at a ratio of one cycle guide per ten participants, as well as mechanics, a medic and support vehicles to carry luggage to each stop.
- Extensive information regarding training and nutrition to prepare you for the challenge
- Access to pre-event training rides with Cardboard Citizens and other participants
- A pre-event information day with representatives from Passion in Events and Cardboard Citizens to answer all your questions and prepare you for the ride
What's Not Included?
- Your own bike (this should be a road bike or a hybrid – we can give you advice on this) and kit (specifics to be provided but likely to be puncture repair kit, two inner tubes, bike lights as well as cycle helmet and clothing)
- The evening meal on the ferry on day one is not included in the trip costs – canteen food is available and we have requested the provision of carbs at this meal.
- Alcoholic drinks with your meals
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 4, which is your free day (this allows you to do your own thing)
- Travel insurance
Do you have any more questions? Call Rachel Tiley on 020 7377 8948 or email Rachel@cardboardcitizens.org.uk
Ready to join us? Download and fill out the registration form here.
Join the conversation on Twitter @CardboardCitz #TeamCitz