Citz and Many Minds nominated for Best Partnership at the Voscurs
Posted on: 23 January 2019
Written by: Tom Davies
A collaboration between Many Minds, Cardboard Citizens, 1625 Independent People, Wyldwood Arts, Aglow Films, and Rife Magazine has been nominated for the Partnership Award at the Voscur Awards 2019 - celebrating social impact in Bristol.
The awards seek to celebrate "a strong and empowered sector in charge of its own destiny... well-resourced, sustainable and focussed on the success of an aspirational city".
The project - Change The Seen - was a Forum Theatre piece that took place in October 2018. It was devised by young people (16-25s) in Bristol who had experiences of homelessness and mental ill-health.
The project created impacts large and small, including:
- 100% of participants said it improved their mental wellbeing
- They not only gained new skills and experience and confidence but they built up new positive connections and friendships
- Many have gone on to engage in further training, education and employment
- Through connections of the partnership, we were able to attract an audience of young people with similar experiences as well as many professionals and decision makers in the homelessness and mental health fields
- 80% of audiences said the piece made them think or act differently and that hearing those voices was very powerful in helping them understand more about the situations that young people find themselves in
The winners will be announced on Thursday 31 January.