The Barclays Money Skills Programme supports and develops people's financial capability. The programme aims to help participants gain skills, knowledge and confidence to make informed financial decisions. It is designed to provide innovative ways to support people in developing essential skills such as budgeting and managing debt.
The workshop is intended to support:
- People who are homeless or who have experienced homelessness
- People who are making or have just made a significant transition e.g. moving from a hostel into supported accommodation
- People who are returning to work after a period of unemployment
When it comes to money, changes in circumstances like moving home or starting a new job can often be stressful, so getting the facts is a good place to start. There are five information sections as part of the money skills session. There are five information sections as part of the money skills session:
- Think about money and finances
- Understand financial words and products
- Look at ways to manage money
- Plan for good money management now and in the future
- Find help and advice about money
The Barclays Money Skills Programme is FREE and takes place on 23 May from 1pm to 5pm.
Please note: These workshops are for Members only. For information on how to become a Member, click here.